Thank you for visiting my data protection policy. You can use this website without the need to provide any personal data. If you want to purchase any photographic services, then the processing of some personal data will be necessary.
Any personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address or telephone number shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in accordance with any UK specific data protection regulations.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit my website, how I use it and keep it secure. The Policy may change from time to time, and by using my website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Who is Collecting and can Access the Information?
Neil Palmer Photography is the controller of any data that passes through the website, and I am the only person who will have access to this information, and of this information:
I will not sell or rent your information to any third parties
I will not share your information with third parties for any marketing purposes.
What type of information is collected?
I obtain information through my website in three ways: anonymously, directly and by a third-party.
1. Anonymously: The anonymous information I collect may include your IP address, whether you are using a computer, a tablet or a phone, which country you are located, which website pages are accessed and how long you may spend looking at my lovely website pages.
2. Directly: The direct information I collect is when you make an enquiry, purchase products or purchase a photographic service. This will be your name, address, phone number and details about your event.
3. Third Party: If you purchase a product or service from me using an online payment method, your card information is not held by me but it is collected by a third party payment processor (stripe.com) who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. The only information I receive from the third party are notifications that a transaction has taken place, with the name of the payee, the date and the amount of the transaction.
How is your information used?
I will use any information that you provide to:
1. Carry out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and me
2. Seek your views or comments on the services I provide.
3. Notify you of any changes to my services.
I will hold your personal information on my systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with me.
Who has access to your information?
The only person who has any access to any information which is collected through my website or any other communications is Neil Palmer Photography, and of this information:
1. I will not sell or rent your information to any third parties
2. I will not share your information with third parties for any marketing purposes.
Neil Palmer Photography does not generate a newsletter, offer any subscriptions and does not generate bulk or direct mail shots for marketing. If I contact you, it will be about an enquiry you have made or any photographic services we have agreed upon. All communications will be sent directly from me to you.
This is where personal information is analysed to create a profile of your interests and preferences so you can be contacted with information relevant to you. I do not profile any of the information I collect.
When you provide any personal information, I take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of any information. My website is protected with SSL and a secure page a lock icon will appear on your web browser to show that the page is secure.
Any information provided over the internet can never be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while I strive to protect your personal information, I cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to me, and you do so at your own risk.
Once I receive your information, I make our best effort to ensure its security, and where I have given you a password which enables you to access my website galleries, you are responsible for sharing this password. Any sensitive information such as credit or debit card details is encrypted and protected with 128 Bit encryption on SSL by the third party responsible to taking payments.
Use of ‘Cookies’
Like many other websites, Neil Palmer Photography uses website cookies. These are small text files that are stored in a computer system via an Internet browser, and in this case, do not mean a highly fattening yet delicious sugar-filled treat.
Any visitor information processed by the cookies is stored on my website and on the user’s computer browser. It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences, and in some cases, turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using my website.
Links to other websites
Aged 16 or Under..?
If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide me with personal information.
Review of this Policy & Access to your Information
I will keep this Policy under regular review, and the Policy was last updated in May 2018. If you are concerned about any information I have about you can write or email to:
Neil Palmer Photography,
25 Church Road
Reading RG6 1EY